Giles County scored touchdowns on all six of its first-half drives and tacked on two more in the second half to cruise to a 56-0 victory at Sequatchie County last Friday night.
Ardmore suffers its third-straight defeat last Friday, falling 35-20 to visiting Lee-Huntsville. The loss puts the Tigers (5-3) in a must-win situation this Friday versus Mae Jemison, with the winner making the playoffs as the fourth seed in Region 8 5-A. Barbara Harmon / Pulaski Citizen
With eight weeks already behind us, just three more weeks of regular-season high school football remain for the teams in our area.
The Ardmore Tigers returned home last Friday, suffering a 42-0 region loss versus East Limestone. The loss dropped the Tigers to 5-2 on the season, and 2-2 in region play. The Tigers will need to win at least one of their remaining two region ballgames to qualify for the Class 5A playoffs. …
For the first time since Sept. 10, all three area teams will be in action when Ardmore, Giles County and Richland take the field tonight.
Richland and Ardmore both celebrated homecoming with blowout, non-region victories last Friday.
The Richland Raider defense accomplished a truly rare feat Friday night in a dominant 47-0 homecoming victory over First Assembly Christian School.
National Sports News
- Bobcats Drop Sequatchie, Clinch Share of Region Title
- ‘Drawing People Off the Interstate’
- School Board Hears Stakeholder Poll Results
- Halloween Roundup
- Local Party Hosts State Democratic Party Chairman
- Pulaski Stockyard Cattle Market Report — Oct. 19
- TN History for Kids: Former German Soldier Recalls Life at Crossville POW Camp
- Junior Raiders Fall in Region Title Game
- Commission Number Remains 21
- Wanted Man Captured
- Sheriff Announces $1 Million Reward in Murder Case
- Dress Code Policy Changes Clarified
- Press Conference Set Six Months After Murder
- COVID-19 Weekly Update — Oct. 18, 2021
- Suspect Sought in Oct. 13 Incidents
- Week 9 PREVIEW: Teams Jockey for Playoff Positioning
- Alice Danita Andrews
- LaCurtis S. Black
- Sabrina Gail-Renee Bean
- Peggy Joyce Teeples Knox